Calendars, Links and Documents *Click Here*
Ralph Kosar, Coordinator
RESA 6 Public Service Training (PST) serves the following Northern Panhandle counties: Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, Ohio, Tyler and Wetzel. PST conducted 365 emergency response classes and provided training to more than 5600 students during fiscal year 2011-2012. PST is funded by the West Virginia Department of Education and operates in partnership with the West Virginia Division of Homeland Security, West Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services (WVOEMS) and the West Virginia State Fire Marshal's Office.
The ultimate aim of public service training is to provide high quality, low cost emergency response training ensuring the safety of our first responders and ultimately the citizens of West Virginia. We continually strive to achieve our goal: the preservation of life, property and the environment through effective emergency response training.
In addition to our routine entry level firefighter and emergency medical training, through these partnerships, we have provided numerous training sessions to assist local governments and emergency response agencies in their efforts to integrate into the National Response Framework (NRF) through effective use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Public Service Training
- Provide Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training and recertification •
- Provide Emergency Medical Technician-Miner training and recertification.
- Provide Firefighter training: Levels I and II.
- Provide Fire Officer Training Levels I and II
- Provide Emergency Vehicle Operations training
- Assist in specialized fire training.
- Assist in specialized emergency medical training
- Conduct Instructional Methodology Courses
- Conduct professional development workshops for PST instructors
- Provide First Aid/CPR/AED training for county school systems including teacher aides, bus operators and emergency service personnel.
- Provide law enforcement training.
- Provide hazardous materials training.
- Assists with a variety of Homeland Security training initiatives including the National Response Framework (NRF), National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Public Service Class Information
Public Service Price Schedule
|PST Class Enrollment for Fiscal Year 2010-2011
For more information on Public Service Training contact:
Ralph Kosar, PST Training Coordinator at 304.231.3815
Regina Kunselman, PST Facilitator 304.231.3802